Center Toward Self-Reliance
Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Our staff works with individuals who have low vision, partial vision or complete blindness to keep them as independent as possible. We offer assistance with :
- Home Visits
- Home evaluations for increasing safety and convenience
- Tactile markings for safe use of appliances and other household items
- Obtaining assistive technology devices such as money readers, talking books, magnifiers, and canes.
- Demonstration and training on use of Assistive Technology
- Use of a free on-site resource lab with impaired vision friendly computers
Our Low Vision and Blind Support Groups are held monthly. Family and friends are welcome to attend! Participants are encouraged to choose topics and activities that are fun and inspirational. Information is shared on a variety of subjects such as nutrition, safety and eye health.
Low Vision Case Supervisor
Ph. 719-546-1271 EXT 1007
OIB Case Manager
Ph. 719-546-1271 EXT 1006